My Photo
Name:
Location: Jacksonville, Florida

I'm on a journey. I know where I'm going but not how I'll get there. Its a mystery only God knows...and isn't telling.

Sunday, February 03, 2008

With God All Things Are Possible

“For every mountain there is a miracle.”
(Robert H. Schuller)

Yesterday I watched, for the umpteenth time, the movie "Facing the Giants". Its a low cost movie made by a church in Georgia about a high school football team that learns that "with God all things are possible". They are a losing team with a discouraged coach who is just scraping by financially and feels inadequate because he and his wife have been unable to get pregnant.

The Coach decides to bring his faith onto the practice field, encouraging his players to do their best and "leave the rest to God". The thing I like about this movie is the way faith is presented. The team agrees to "praise Him when we win, and praise Him when we lose". Even the Coach's wife, after several false pregnancy hopes, tell God she will "love Him whether she has a baby or not".

As it turns out, the football team, through a series of events, ends up playing for the championship against the Giants. After they defeat the Giants in the last 2 seconds of the game with a 54 yard field goal, the Coach asks each of them in the locker room to tell him something that is impossible with God. Each player responds with "nothing Coach". Then, instead of a wild celebration, they drop to their knees and praise God like they said they would. The icing on the cake is the Coach going home after the game only to find out that he's going to be a father. The scene of him on his knees in front of his wife, covering his head with his hands, and telling God that he is overwhelmed touches my heart and inspires my faith.

I've always been intruiged by a strong person being humble before God. I guess its because my self-pride gets in the way of humility for me. I'm ashamed to say I'm always more worried about how I look to others than how I look to God.

Faith is a mountain for me. I do believe that with God nothing is impossible, yet the mountain seems endless to me sometimes. I need a miracle for this mountain. I need one that leaves everyone affected in a better place, and I know only God can make that work.

Someday, I will kneel before family and friends and testify that with God nothing is impossible, because there is a miracle for this mountain.

I have God's promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
DisneyDirect.com