My Photo
Name:
Location: Jacksonville, Florida

I'm on a journey. I know where I'm going but not how I'll get there. Its a mystery only God knows...and isn't telling.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Love and baseball

Waiting is painful. Forgetting is painful. But not knowing which to do is the worse kind of suffering. (Paul Coelho, Brazilian novelist)

The Yankees and I have a lot in common. Another year goes by and neither one of us can manage to reach our desired goal. We both play the game, but neither of us manages to win. It seems so close at times, and then its swept away by someone else.

Perhaps we aren't quite good enough or don't know how to play the game well. Maybe we just got better too late. Either way, me and the Yanks are both feeling kinda down. We both have to fall back on the "maybe next year" kind of rhetoric in order to soothe our feelings of despair over watching another year slip between our fingers.

Its difficult, knowing that you have what it takes to be a winner, and not being able to pull it off. Its hard being a player but not a winner. I want more than just the "wild card"in my life. I want the grand prize...but he has to want it too.

Maybe I need a new manager ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
DisneyDirect.com