My Photo
Name:
Location: Jacksonville, Florida

I'm on a journey. I know where I'm going but not how I'll get there. Its a mystery only God knows...and isn't telling.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Losing Freedom

The Buddha answered: "When you take things it is because of a thirst, a clinging, and a grasping. You should lose that and lose it altogether, above, below, around, and within. It makes no difference what it is you are grasping. When you grasp, ...you are losing your freedom. Realize this and grasp at nothing. Then you will cease being a creature of attachment, tied to the powers of death."-


A friend of mine posted this on facebook and it reminded me of the things I learned and liked about buddhism. The concept that we cause our own suffering because of our attachments to people and things makes sense to me. I know that when it comes to suffering I'm my own worst enemy. I'm forever grasping at what I want and when I don't get it, I suffer...sometimes a lot. Buddha was right. When I hold tight, what I want slips from my hands.

I want to be free from attachments and suffering and just be open to whatever God does with my future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
DisneyDirect.com