My Photo
Name:
Location: Jacksonville, Florida

I'm on a journey. I know where I'm going but not how I'll get there. Its a mystery only God knows...and isn't telling.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Dance With Me

LORD, I CANNOT DANCE UNLESS YOU LEAD ME.
-Mechthild of Majdeburg-


I took dance classes a couple of years ago, much to Dwight's dismay. We took three series of ballroom dancing, three private salsa lessons, and part of a class that was a mix of salsa for one hour and western,(or was it eastern?), swing for the second hour. I loved it all despite poor Dwight's absolute misery. I do appreciate and love him for his willingness to endure misery for me. He really did a good job, especially in ballroom dancing, despite what he thinks.

One thing I learned, especially in the salsa class, was how amazingly easy and fun it was when you were being led by someone who really knew the steps and how to lead. It made me happy and freed my spirit. I loved moving to the beat. I think I would fence better if it was done to a consistent beat.

I found this quote today while reading about prayer and it made sense to me. Life for me, is like trying to dance the salsa with a partner who can't lead. It's confusing and I stumble through most of it with frustration at not being able to be "in sync". The worst part is that I keep trying to lead, and I'm a lousy leader. I can't gracefully lead myself through life. I need a partner to follow who is a strong leader, because even though I can't lead, I will always keep trying.

I never thought I'd ever understand the concept of being led by a man, but not only do I understand it now, I actually want it. I want a strong man who will lead me in life and in my spiritual growth. I know I'll always try to take over control but that's why he needs to be strong. It is never good for me to be stronger than the person I follow.

So, while I wait for the man God wants me to follow, I will do my best to follow the God of my understanding. God will have to lead me right now until my future partner taps God on the shoulder and asks to take over the dance.

I don't know when it will be, but I can't wait for the joy of dancing with him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
DisneyDirect.com