My Photo
Name:
Location: Jacksonville, Florida

I'm on a journey. I know where I'm going but not how I'll get there. Its a mystery only God knows...and isn't telling.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Occam's Razor of Men

Occam's (or Ockham's) razor is a principle attributed to the 14th century logician and Franciscan friar; William of Occam. Ockham was the village in the English county of Surrey where he was born. The principle states that "Entities should not be multiplied unnecessarily." Other ways of saying it are, "The explanation requiring the fewest assumptions is most likely to be correct", or "Keep it simple".

In my limited experience of men I have discovered my tendency to do just the opposite of what Occam's Razor teaches. There is a book out called, "He's Just Not That Into You", which lays to rest many of the excuses women make for why men don't call, write, ask them out, etc. It uses the principle assumption of Occam's Razor to give women the answers to these questions. Unfortunately, it isn't what most of us want to hear, myself included. Here are a few examples of the simple truths about men and relationships.

• An excuse is a polite rejection. Men are not afraid of "ruining the friendship."

• Don't get tricked into asking him out. If he likes you, he'll do the asking.

If you can find him, then he can find you. If he wants to find you, he will.

• Men don't forget how much they like you. So put down the phone.


I have highlighted the one that I seem to forget on a regular basis. I just keep making excuses about him being busy, needing space, etc. I guess it's time for me to get real and recognize things for what they are...he's just not that into me. There was another thing in the book that I keep forgetting. It's "you are good enough to be asked out." I think I'm good enough...why doesn't he?

I don't know the answer, but I'll bet it's the simplest one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
DisneyDirect.com