My Photo
Name:
Location: Jacksonville, Florida

I'm on a journey. I know where I'm going but not how I'll get there. Its a mystery only God knows...and isn't telling.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

What'd I Miss??

Did I miss something? What just happened between Israel and Hezbollah? Did the people who died on both sides die for nothing? I'm not in favor of wars and fighting. I like peace and harmony, so much so that frequently I have given in to others at my expense. But, I've learned recently that it gets you nothing in the long run except peace for them, with no personal integrity for myself.

I'm very tired of terrorists, like Hezbollah, messing with my country and my life. I don't care what they do among themselves but don't come stepping on my toes when I don't want what you have. I was proud of Israel putting their foot down and saying "enough". I was hoping they would do whatever it took to put Hezbollah out of business and it seemed like they would.

So tell me what I missed?? There is now a "cease-fire" masterminded by everyone but Israel and Hezbollah. Did the kidnapped soldiers get returned? Is Israel safer from Hezbollah than before? What was the point of starting something and not finishing it? People can say what they want about Israel's "non-proportional" response but I've never heard of an Israeli suicide bomber killing Arab citizens, hijacking planes, and calling for the death of all who are not Israeli.

This is a hard issue. I have Muslim patients that I see everyday and I do my best to make them feel accepted and welcome but I find myself wondering if they agree with the terrorists. I haven't heard much about Muslims in this country speaking out against the terrorists and their violence.

Am I missing something here? Do things seem to be falling apart around us and we refuse to see it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
DisneyDirect.com