My Photo
Name:
Location: Jacksonville, Florida

I'm on a journey. I know where I'm going but not how I'll get there. Its a mystery only God knows...and isn't telling.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Wait on the Lord

Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD. (Ps 27:14)

Waiting, waiting, and waiting. I always assumed that waiting implied having patience, but it doesn't. It's possible to wait impatiently, constantly watching the horizon for what God is bringing. Being awake and aware of God's working is important but when the watching and waiting prevent a person, like me, from seeing others around me and living the life God has given me, then it becomes obsession rather than vigilance.

Your only option, rather than waiting on the Lord, is to do what is right in your own eyes, to serve your own interests, and to pursue your own agenda. If you do not know what He bids you do, and when, do nothing. Wait on Him.

To allay some of my anxiety with waiting, I do things that I believe will further God's agenda for my life. What usually happens is I become discouraged when I can't control the situation, frustrated that I have, once again, been unable to wait patiently on God, and in pursuing my own interests I forget that others around me might need me, even while I'm oblivious to anyone but myself. Today, I have a sense of how much better my life would be if I just took it as God gave it and trust how it unfolds.

Do not despair when God tarries long in His response, but continue to patiently wait on Him to work on your behalf. The reason that God sometimes waits a long time to deliver and justify one that waits on Him is to extend the goodness of the final outcome

Not everyone is given a hint of what will come in their future, and I'm not sure why I was blessed by having that experience. In my impatience with waiting, I find myself trying to "read the signs" I think I see in my life and I usually manage to read them wrong, causing myself emotional pain, and causing others to get confused and frustrated with me.

Do not despair. Once again I will try to remember that I'm on a journey. I'm here for the ride and God is the driver. I will try to focus on God more, and less on myself and my desires.

Be of good courage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
DisneyDirect.com